Menu Cancel

Customer Info & Support

Home > Customers

My Household Portal

The new Household Capital portal. Sign into client meetings, request a loan drawdown, view your transaction details and access end-of-year statements.


Customer Support

We are here Monday to Friday
9:00am – 5:00pm AEDST


1300 600 101


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I access my contingency funds?

You can request access to your contingency funds online through My Household Portal.

If you're unsure how to access My Household Portal or would like to speak to someone, call us at 1300 600 101.

How do I change my account details?

If you need to change your account details such as contact info, power of attorney, marital status, occupancy, etc., then please do either of the following:

If you need to change the bank account associated with the allocation of our Household Loan, then you’ll need to call us and/or send an email to [email protected] providing the following:

  • BSB and Account Number
  • Copy of the first page or top of a bank statement which proves the account is in your name.

How do I get into the My Household Portal?

  1. Go to the My Household Portal login page at https://my.householdcapital.com.au/
  2. Enter your user name / email address and password that was emailed to you, and select Sign In
  3. You are now logged into your My Household Portal account

How do I make interest or loan payments?

To make a payment, you will need to have internet or phone banking and to know your BPay details.

Use the steps below to find your BPay details on My Household Portal. Otherwise, you can call customer support, who can give you these details over the phone.
  1. Go to My Household Portal and sign in using your username and password. If you've never registered for your Household Capital account, then please contact our customer service team at 1300 040 743
  2. Your BPay details (Biller Code and Reference) are listed in the Voluntary Repayments section
  • Pay as much or as little as they like at anytime.
Note: Paying the loan balance down to $0 is not the same as discharging the loan.

Can I pay down my loan, but not close my account?

If you pay your loan to $0 and don’t complete paperwork to discharge your loan, then we keep the account open if there are undrawn funds associated with your account.

Note: Interest is only charged to your account monthly. Please be aware that when you pay your loan to $0, accrued interest may still be charged to your account at a later date giving you a positive balance again.

How do I access information about my account?

Information on your account is available through My Household Portal.

Household Portal allows you to manage your Household Loan, including securely transferring funds to your nominated bank account, viewing your loan balance and accessing your end-of-year statements.

If you are unable to access your Household Capital account, then you can also contact our customer service team by calling us at 1300 040 743.

When do I need to repay the loan?

We need to be made aware of the following changes in your circumstances with regards to your loan status and repayment.

  • When you sell your home you’ll need to repay your loan as part of the sale.
  • When all borrowers or Nominated Occupants have passed away. The estate has 365 days to repay the loan.
  • When all borrowers or Nominated Occupants leave the home to move into aged care we need to be informed. The loan will be reassessed every 2 years in this situation.

How do I change my drawdown amount or frequency?

Call us at 1300 600 101 or send an email outline what you’d like to change to [email protected] so we can review feasibility depending upon your loan.

Can I redraw funds that I have repaid?

No. Sorry, but we don’t offer this option today.

I want to sell my home. What do I need to do?

If you sell the home, then the loan needs to be discharged as part of the sale.

To discharge your loan, you'll need to log into the My Household Portal and complete the discharge process.

If you need help accessing the My Household Portal, please call us at 1300 600 101.

What do I do if I intend to leave my home for a period of time?

If you are going to leave the house vacant (no borrowers or nominated occupants) for more than 3 months, then you need to let us know.

If you intend to rent out your house for any period, including short term Airbnb you need to let us know by calling us at 1300 600 101 or by sending an email [email protected]

Can I request an increase in our Household Capital Loan?

This depends on how much your initial loan was when your loan was first taken out, whether your property has gone up in value since then, and whether you have made any repayments on your loan.

Please contact customer support if you wish to discuss whether you can apply for more funds by calling 1300 600 101.

How Our Customers Rate Us