Enjoy The Life You Deserve
It's our mission to help you Live Well At Home. Research shows that retirees live longer and happier lives when they’re able to stay at home; however, the suitability of the home for retirement is important. Is your home comfortable, safe and secure? Will it remain so for the next five, ten or twenty years?
To retire comfortably at home, you may need to make some minor modifications. These may be to make it easier for you to get around or be safer in wet areas such as bathrooms. It might be new guttering with a mesh insert, so there’s no need to climb ladders for regular cleaning. It might be that long dreamed of kitchen renovation!
It's As Easy As 1, 2, 3!
Calculate Your Home Equity
Learn how accessing your home equity could help you consolidate debts or increase your income.
Can I use a Household Loan to renovate my home?
It’s important that your home is as safe and comfortable as possible for your retirement years - and you can use a Household Loan to make appropriate renovations or modifications. That might mean installing a stairlift, handrails or a ramp for safety. It might mean a new kitchen, bathroom, or landscaping to make your garden less labour intensive. You can also hire a handyman to do those odd jobs, so there’s no risk of injury trying to DIY.
You can access your Household Loan as a lump sum, which you can then use to make the necessary renovations to make your home retirement ready.
How can a Household Loan make my life easier?
There are so many ways a Household Loan can transform your retirement. Here are a just few:
- It can act boost your regular income so you can do more with retirement
- You can use it to top up super or other investments
- You can help your kids get onto the property ladder
- You can help pay your grandkids education expenses
- If you have a bank mortgage, you can repay it and improve your cash flow
- You can renovate or modify your home to get it retirement ready
- Comfortably cover medical costs, health insurance and other bills
- Pay for your choice of in-home or residential aged care
Can I take out a Household Loan to take my family on a holiday?
Our focus is on providing responsible, long term retirement funding. While a Household Loan can be used to fund travel as part of a broader retirement funding plan, we don't lend solely to fund holidays.
How can a Household Loan transform my retirement lifestyle?
There are many ways in which a Household Loan could improve your retirement lifestyle.
As well as making your home retirement ready, you may need capital to purchase a new car or cover significant medical costs. Some customers like the peace of mind that comes from having a contingency fund for those unexpected expenses that arise from time to time.
Such expenditure can impact your retirement funding. Despite diligently saving for retirement, not everyone has a contingency fund to draw upon and pension income – whether from superannuation, the Age Pension, or both – seldom covers larger expenses.
Drawing on your home equity - your Household CapitalTM- via a Household Loan can help you look forward with confidence and enjoy the retirement lifestyle you deserve.
Note: customer names and images have been changed to protect their privacy.
Jack: Living Comfortably
Jack, 74, lives in Brisbane’s inner west. He’s a retired legal professional who moved to Brisbane from Sydney to be close to his daughter and her family. He lives comfortably on the Age Pension and a small income stream from his super.
Jack sought funding for three purposes:
- He needed two operations over the following twelve months - heart surgery and one to remove cataracts. Although he had maintained his private health insurance, he was aware of the significant out of pocket expenses he needed to cover, something his retirement income wouldn't stretch to.
- He wanted to renovate his home and garden to be maintenance free for the next ten years.
- The establishment of a contingency fund for unexpected expenses.
Although eligible for a larger amount, Jack used $100,000 of his Household Capital to meet his needs. Several days after settlement, Jack sent the following note to Household Capital:
A note of appreciation for your assistance herein.
Throughout my long period of practice in the legal profession and other professional areas, I found your approach and assistance to myself in this matter to be very professional. Nothing was a problem to you and when required, you “went above and beyond” the norm.
I appreciate your assistance in this whole matter.